Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Rip it...Rip it Good!"

 Hey quilter's ....hope your week is off to a great start. As we know by now I'm all about "less-stress-quilting." Well....had to share my new "QBF" quilter's best friend! I will be the first to admit "ripping out seams" is so upsetting...total waste of time & especially thread. But when I saw this "lighted seam ripper by "the Gypsy quilter." my heart actually skipped a beat. Well felt like it anyway. I thought now way...a lighted seam ripper! I have to give it a try! I ordered it from Missouri Quilt Co & couldn't wait for it to arrive. I know...sounds weird but I've been ripping out seams from some squares that I recently "inherited" so this item was perfect. Not only does it fits comfortably in my hand but I can see the stitches! Oh my gosh y'all...if you have bad eyes like me ripping out stitches is a pain. The light "high lights" the stitches for easier removal plus you're not removing more than needed. It comes with a protective cover and battery. What a great gift this would make for a beginner quilter as well. I shouldn't be so excited about ripping out seams but have to say "I do have bit of fun now!" Also, in pic below is another great gift to find on Missour quilt co is the great wool mat. Oh my gosh how did I live without one of these. This was recently inherited...gifted to me....I was told to make sure that I kept her wool pressing mat that she did purchse from Missouri Quilt co & I'm so glad I did. Not only do I think of my mom-in-law every time I'm pressing but it makes pressing perfect seams a blast. I'm obsessed w/the pressing mat & mini peel template too! I guess they are all my new "QBF's"...:-) I hope you try some of these items to make your sewing/quilting projects less stressful. Check back soon for my next "Scrap-a-long."

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment