Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Teach the kiddos 2 Sew/Quilt this Summer...."Fun Quilt Art"

 Hey quilter's...hope your summer is off to a great start. I wanted to share this fun & easy project with y'all. I purchased this 'kitchen towel" 2 yrs. ago from Bealls. It's been one of those "quilt someday projects" & I guess it's "someday."...finally! I've just started quilting it and have to say it's super easy & very relaxing. Y'all know I'm all about fun & easy projects...less-stress-quilting and this is a great project to teach kids the basics of "straight line quilting." Yes, you can definitely meander away for advanced quilter's! You'll be learning basic quilting but also a fun advanced technique that I love to do by adjusting my stitch length when quilting to give your design a different dimension. I know...sounds simple...yes, it is but super fun. I love using Aurifil 50 weight thread. The quality is amazing and so many color hues to choose from. Pop on over to their website or Missouri Star Quilt co if you need some thread to coordinate with your towel. As you can see by pics below...this is a "sneak peek." I do know if you want to do the same Heron design it is still available on Beallsflorida.com. I will admit any fun design on a towel will work great. So grab your towel...coordinating thread & lets have fun sewing 2gether this summer!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



Here's all you need...

* Kitchen towel of your choice

* Coordinating thread ( I used Aurifil 50 weight #2815,1320, 4093, 2615

* Artist Canvas 7 x 14

* Low-loft quilt batting

* Tear-away stabilizer

Have fun picking out your towel design & check back soon for sume fun & easy quilting!


No comments:

Post a Comment