Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Cat's Tip of the Day!..."Why I sew with AURIFIL thread."

 Hey quilter's....hope your week is going well. Yesterday I had a "little incident" that I alway's preach about..."don't sew over your needles." Oh my gosh...well if it happens, don't panic. I will admit this was the worse one yet & I've been sewing sense the age of 7. I was sewing the border to my latest "scrap trivet"....design coming soon :-)....and I heard this horrible "crunch" sound. First...I immediately counted all my fingers :-) then realized what I did :-( yes it happens! What I was amazed with is how my AURIFIL thread did not break! Honestly, words can't express how I'm in love with this thread. Every project that I've used with 50# AURIFIL thread has turned out amazing. I've used this thread from hand mending (previous post) to my Stain Glass Windows for the Frankston Depot Library & Museum (previous post). I had to take a quick pick of how the needle was still attached to the thread to show that my thread didn't break. Then had to laugh at myself when I noticed how bad I had sewn over the plastic top of my needle (hence the crunch noise). First for me...normally it's me just sewing over the actual needle :-) Oh yes....I do use "SCHMETZ" needles. My needle didn't break either but I did change out to another needle just to be safe. Anyway, hope this doesn't happen to you but if it does...don't panic :-)

NOTE: To really prevent this from happening you should pin your needle facing out...not in (pic one)...especially pinning on back side like I do quite a bit....there's a reason why you see those bright colored tips on needles :-) :-) :-)

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Pinterest & Facebook

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment