Tuesday, September 10, 2024

"Sewing Room Re-do Inspiration"

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. I was thrilled when I received my package from Missouri Star Quilt Company with my "Press On" Iron Toss fabric designed by J. Wecker Frisch for Riley Blake Designs. If you're an antique iron lover or all things vintage notions collector like me then you will fall in love with this fabric. I have an "inspiration area" in my sewing room and my "peg board" needed some love. I've been wanting to cover it with fabric but didn't find the right fabric. Then MSQC recently came out with the "Press On" collection & I was so inspired. I order it right away because I knew it would sell quickly. In fact Mrs. Jenny designed a super adorable quilt using this collection. You can view MSQC website for her pattern & tutorial. My link upper right on home page will take you directly to site. I love this fabric...it compliments my inpiration area perfectly. A few of my old irons are displayed and I even used my iron with a missing handle to prop Jenny Doans inspirational book "Quilting through Life."  A great inspirational book of families stories and history. I might add this would make a great gift for any occassion. Well this is part of my series..."Back 2 School...Sewing Room Re-do" SEW if you have a peg board that needs a little attention check out MSQC for fabric inspiration. This is such a simple project...no sewing...would make a great dorm gift for a college student too :-) I did use Pellon Sheerweight fusible interfacing for a smooth finish on fabric & I used my Olga 45mm rotary cutter for precise cutting. All products can be found on Missouri Star Quilt Comapany's website. I for one need "inspiration" to keep me focused...pics of my daughter & grandson...MSQC quotes "Stitch Happens & Keep Calm & Quilt On" and of course Chuck :-) I hope you enjoy this project and check back soon for more fun & easy projects. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)


Here's all you need...

* Peg board

* "Press On" fabric by J. Wecker Frisch" or your favorite.

* Pellon Sheerweight Interfacing

* MSQC Olga 45mm Rotary cutter for precise cutting

* Clear Push Pins

* Dritz Mighty steam iron.

Here's all you do...

* Measure your "cork area" of Peg Board.

* Iron your fabric.

* Rotary cut your fabric to the size needed plus 1" all around.

* Rotary cut your Pellon fusible interfacing to the size of cork area.

* Fuse to wrong side of  fabric following manufacturer's directions,,,making sure you leave the 1" all around.

Starting at top....

Note...make sure you have your "hooks" for hanging facing right direction before adding fabric :-)

* Using your Dritz iron...press your 1" seam allowance over to the back.

* Tack w/ the clear push pins to adhere fabric to peg board (no sewing or glue needed unless desired) :-)

* Continue this method on all sides...smoothing fabric as you pin.

* Thats it! Now "pin" your inspiration and enjoy!

Honestly, I think this was the easiest...cutest addition to my sewing room...I love a fast project!

Talk soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment