Friday, September 13, 2024

"Jelly-Roll Gift Bags" 100% Re-gift-able!

 Hey quilter's...happy Friday! I hope y'all had a great week & fun plans for the weekend. I'm sew excited to share this series w/y'all. We'll be making "gift bags" from one Jelly Roll "Joyful Holidays" by Robert Kaufman. This is such a stunning Batik Christmas collection that I received from Missouri Star Quilt Company. It's full of beautiful batik strips...2.5 " wide by width of fabric. I also received "Olga" 45mm Rotary Cutter by MSQC. Y'all...this rotary cutter fits smoothly in my hands...I say "hands" because sometimes I do cut left/right handed. I love how it's so precise and lightweight...great for my arthritic fingers :-) Plus I have MSQC Christmas templates! Sew I thought...I need to make a bag using these stunning Batik strips that is 100% Re-Gift-able. This was inspired by my Grandson Davin during Christmas last year that said "put all this in the Recyclebles." I thought...wow...a lot of Christmas wrapping going to waste. Yes...we do re-use as much as possible but still a lot gets recycled. Well in this fun series we'll be making "gift bags" from the Jelly Rolls plus that you can gifts inside & your recipient can "re-gift" the bag as well. I'll be featuring small...medium & large bags using the Jelly Rolls & you can enlarge if needed. I pieced on my Janome and quilted the bags on my Babylock w/ MSQC 50# thread & Aurifil 50# thread. I'm challenging myself to see how many gift bags I can make using one Jelly Roll. I love this "medium size gift bag." The rotary cutter fits perfectly inside :-)  I also am excited that I'll be using some Christmas fabric that I recently inherited too. I know my late mom-in-law would be thrilled how her fabric will be used in many ways. We"ll be starting this series Monday but I wanted to give you a "sneak peek" so you can grab your supplies. I'm thrilled about sharing this fun & easy Christmas gift series w/y'all. In fact...what a great idea to make for Birthday gifts or any occassion. Thanks so much for following and keep checking back as we make more fun & exciting Holiday gifts 2gether. My link to MSQC (upper right) will take you to all the fun exciting sales/products & adventures they are having all month long. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (upper right on home page)

Medium Size approx. 6,5" x 10"



Here's all you need...

* Joyful Holidays Roll-ups by Robert Kaufman

* MSQC Olga 45mm Rotary Cutter

* MSQC Holiday Tree 7.5 x 8.5 Nesting Template

* Pellon Fusible Fleece

* MSQC Sew Light fusible adhesive "double sided"

* June Tailor Pressing Cloth

* MSQC 50# thread "white"

* Aurifil thread 50# red (2260) green (2885)

Talk Soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment