Monday, September 16, 2024

Jelly Roll Gift Bags..100% Re-gift-able! "Large w/ Jenny's Signature Apron"

 Hey quilter's...Monday Blessings to y'all. This past weekend wen't a bit fast for me. Before you know it O' Saint Nick will be popping down the chimney! Every year I always say that I'm starting my gift shopping early. Well, for once I am! I'm excited to share these "Jelly Roll Gift Bags" w/ y'all. They are super easy and fun to make. You can really get creative with your embellishments or do simple accent quilting and a-play-que like me. I don't think you could go wrong with this stunning Christmas Batik collection "Joyful Holidays" by Robert Kaufman. You will be making the bags in the same manner as previously stated in posts and adjusting the size of the strips per bags. The method is the same y'all. Before you know it you will be making them w/out referring back to the original post :-) They are so much fun to make that I'll be incorporating the same concept into Birthday bags...Weddings...or any occassion. Who doesn't like a "handmade" gift that is "re-gift-able."...right? Plus I'm using scraps that I inherited for the lining which makes each bag extra special. As you can see the large bag will hold "Jenny's Signature Apron." What a great gift for any sewing...crafting...quilting enthusiast. I know that I absolutely love my apron. I like to put items in my pockets for convenience when crafting/sewing. Plus it helps me know where they are! Don't get old folks..it is a trap :-) Remember to revert to the original pattern instructions (medium Holiday Tree) design)...it's the same instructions & supplies just adjust the sizes and template designs a long the way. Also, if you need supplies my link to Missouri Star Quilt Company (upper right on home page) has tons of inspiration...daily deals & Birthday Bash celebrations. Thanks so much for following. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)

Jelly Roll Gift Bag...Large 9" x 10"


Here's all you need...

 * MSQC Holiday icons Snowflake template 8" x 9"

* MSQC White 50# quilting thread.

* Aurifil 50# (2885) green

Here's all you do...

* Select 5 Jelly Roll Strips as desired.

* Rotary cut in half.

* Sew as previous instructions on medium bag post.

* Square up to 10 3/4 x 21 3/4.

* Rotary cut your fusible fleece to this size.

* Fuse to wrong side of strip set following manufacturer's directions.


* Quilt as desired.

Snowflake,,,

* Select 5 "off white Batik strips"

* Rotary cut each to 2/5" x 10"

Follow same directions on medium bag for sewing and fusing to front of bag area.

Tip...save those scraps :-)

* A-play-que around snowflake if desired.

Lining...

* Rotary cut your scrap fabric to "bag strip set size) approx. 10 3/4 x 21 3/4 or to your size.

* Press.

Note...follow the same directions on "medium Tree bag" for finishing. The handles we're made the same & hope you try the "advanced step" of mitering the corners. It really does help your bag stand upright. :-)



You did it! I hope you enjoyed making the "Large size Jelly Roll Gift Bag." 

Check back soon for more fun designs,

Cat



 


No comments:

Post a Comment