Thursday, September 5, 2024

Jelly Roll Strips 2a Sewing Machine Cover...Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great day. I was able to watch my grandsons scrimage game last night which was wonderful. Being away sure stinks so I truly treasure the moments when I do get to see him play or practice...all take anything! It was a crazy evening though...poured rain...game on..then delayed then back on. But that's football...right? September is fun for me..my grandson's birthday...football pre-season practices and the start of fall. But I do love sewing projects especially this time of year. The weather is so unpredictable...but it's always sunny in my sewing room. Phase 2 and finishing of this fun sewing machine cover is super easy. I love a fun & fast project that uses scraps especially a Jelly Roll. This fabric collection has been a blast to design with and the selvages are perfect. I'm going to incorporate fun selvages anyway I can from now on! I even used one Jelly Roll strip to make the ties! Well there is more fun projects happenning this month so keep checking in and especially pop over to Missouri Star Quilt Companys site for all their Birthday Bash happenings. My link on home page will take you directly to their website for fun daily deals & inspirational tutorials.  Enjoy & talk soon!

Blessed Quilting,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC 

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)


Here's all you do...

* Starting at the top...fold your border/binding strip over to the back leaving a 1/4" binding on front.

* Fold in half again on back to secure the hem.

* Pin or clip to secure.

* Top stitch on the front to secure your fold.

* Repeat same steps for bottom....left & right sides.

Tip....Place your cover on your machine & mark where you want your ties.

Yes you definately can use a ribbon for your ties but my Jelly Roll ties are super easy :-)

To make the ties....

* Take one Jelly Roll Strip & cut in half.

* Take each half  Jelly Roll strip & rotary cut in half lengthwise (appron 1 1/4 x Jelly roll length)

* You will now have 4 strips.

* For each strip fold in half a 1/4 to inside then fold again to secure.

* Pin or clip.

* Top stitch to secure the fold.

* Pin your ties to the wrong side of cover as desired.

* Top stitch to secure.

Enjoy!

Thank so much for joining me on this fun project.

Check back soon for more!

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment