Sunday, September 15, 2024

Jelly Roll Gift Bags...100% Re-gift-able! Phase 2 (Medium size)

 Hey quilter's...I had a few minutes so I wanted to share Phase 2 right quick w/ y'all. These bags are so fast and easy to make that you might be ready. I'm having a blast! I'll be sharing the "large" & "extra small" sizes this week with y'all. I necer used a "Jelly Roll" in this fashion. I've usually pieced a quilt or table runner so this is a fun challenge for me too. In previous posts I've stated they are 100% re-gift-able and made from one Jelly Roll "Joyful Holidays" by Robert Kaufman using "Holiday Templates" from Missouri Star Quilt Company. These we're graciously gifted to me from MSQC for our September program. I fell in love with the color hues and patterns of the Jelly Roll  & I knew my templates from MSQC would be perfect to embellish each bag. I am challenging myself to see how many bags I can make for gift inspiration to hold MSQC quilting/sewing/crafting items. This bag holds the "Olga" 45mm Rotary cutter perfectly. I'm sure more items could tuck in too! :-) I know we're always trying to come up with a unique gift for the Holidays & if you're like me "budget friendly" too. So. with this concept you'll give a gift that's 100% re-gift-able & have a fun suprise inside as well. Not spending a lot of money & who doesn't like receiving a "handmade" gift bag! In this phase I am using my Christmas scraps that I inherited which makes each bag even more special. So break out those scraps and lets get started! If you still need supplies my link to Missouri Star Quilt Company webiste has tons of "Birthday Bash" Celebrations going on! 

Blessed Quilting,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)


Here's all you do...

* Rotary cut your lining fabric to your strip pieced bag size.

* Place your lining and pieced bag w/ right sides 2gether.

* Pin or clip.

* Sew using a 1/4" seam allowance around sides & bottom only. ( do not sew top) :-)

* Turn right side out & press if needed.

Tip...this is when you check to make sure you sewed all layers...if not touch up before next step.

* Top only....finger press the bag and lining fabrics a 1/4" in together to form a closed seam. Top stitch to secure or use fabric glue to secure. If you use glue...make sure it is dryed before next step :-)

* Fold your bag in half w/right sides 2gether.

* Top stitch on sides only to secure bag.

* Turn bag right side out...finger press any areas if needed.

Advanced Tip...

Boxed ends...

* Turn bag inside out and at bottom make a pleated triangle on corners.

* Sew about a 1" diagonal line across pleat...reinforcing at ends.

* Repeat on each corner of bag.

* Turn right side out & finger press corners if needed.

This step gives your bag a "professional look" plus it helps stabilize the bag when standing w/ your super fun gifts inside :-)

Handles...

* Select one coordinating Jelly Roll Strip & sub-cut into 3 sections. 

* Set extra strip aside for later.

* Take one strip and fold in half...press.

* Fold each side in half and press towards center.

* Fold over again to form one strip. Press.

* Top stitch each strip to secure ends.

* Position strips to inside of bag as desired.

* Top stitch w/coordinating thread to secure.

That's it y'all....:-)

Have fun stuffing your bag w/items and check back soon for more easy sizes that are 100% Re-gift-able!

Talk soon,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment