Monday, June 3, 2024

America...Sew Beautiful "Sweet Land of Liberty" Quilt!

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a great weekend. I was able to do some designing in my favorite quilt software (EQ8) for this next project. I'll be featuring this stunning Panel by Moda Fabrics along w/ Jelly Roll "Old Glory". We'll be making a "throw size quilt" together but you can easily enlarge if desired. This is also a fun & easy project to teach the kiddos to sew and quilt this summer. I'll be quilting with Aurifil thread with basic straight line stitching along w/ accent quilting within the design. Sometimes the little things do enhance the design. I quilt on a domestic machine my "Jazz II..Babylock" but can you imagine how stunning this quilt would look being quilted by a 'long armer." Funny story...years ago I told my sweet grandson that I would love a "long arm" from Santa. He looked at me real strange and said "Gege I think your arms are long enough." I see his face and hear his words everytime I hear the words quilted on a "longarm." Memories I'll cherish forever. :-) Anyway....as promised this is the 2nd Part of the 3 Part Series "America...Sew Beautiful" to Celebrate and Honor our Country. I've been having a blast with this panel. It's stunng plus the quality is amazing. The design made it very easy to "square up" the center to add decorative borders using the 2.5 inch Jelly Rolls strips. It's a sweet design to give as a gift or keep for yourself. So come join me on this fun tribute & all supplies are from Missouri Star Quilt Company. They extended the discount so you can save 20% off $50. or more for the month of June on supplies. My link upper right goes stragiht to their website along with discount. I excited to share upcoming projects with you this summer. So no worries about entertaining the kiddos this summer...I got you covered! :-) As always I thank y'all so much for following! Talk soon.

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right side of home page)


Here's all you need...

* Sweet Land of Liberty Panel by Moda Fabrics

* "Old Glory" Jelly Roll by Moda Fabrics (designed by LellaBoutique)

* 1 yard of Missouri Star Tossed Star Medium Gray 110" Wide Backing

* Low loft quilt batting

* Aurifil 50# thread (2260, 2710, 2780) 

* Rotary cutter is highly reccommended for this project due to precise squaring up the panel. Well for me anyway :-)

Looking forward to a fun Summer 2gether!

Talk soon,

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment