Thursday, June 6, 2024

America...Sew Beautiful. "Sweet Land of Liberty" Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope all is going well. I don't know about y'all but it's already hot here in Florida. Oh my gosh...it's gonna be a long hot summer. But with the bad you need to think of the positive....staying inside and sharing summer projects. I am thrilled on this 2nd Part of "America...Sew Beautiful." The panel by Moda Fabrics is stunning. The "jelly roll" designed by Lella boutique for Moda is great. The collection of the fabrics are beautiful and you get a part of the whole collection in the strips. This is the first time "ever" that I've used a "jelly roll." I always thought it would be difficult to design with due to the 2.5" strips. Y'all I've discovered how wrong I've been all these years. The strips worked perfectly to incorporate into my "Stars" and it gives the borders more of a scrappy look that I love. I wanted to challenge myself this year as I've previously stated and will admit a "Jelly Roll" made me think out of my "Quilting Box." Sometimes I get stuck in my "creative box" & get intimidated by certain blocks but I've recently discovered even in my 'late years" it's good to challenge myself. Well y'all part of challenging myself is sharing fun-ctional Scrap-a-longs w/you. This 2nd Part of the Series is featuring a "lap quilt" w/the stunning panel. I'll be sharing easy techniques that would be great for a beginner quilter and inspire kiddos to learn to sew/quilt this summer. This is also the first time that I am using a "Panel" and I'm loving how easy this quilt is coming together. So don't be a bit suprised if you see some more panel designs coming. It is the new crave in the quilting world. People are sewing/quilting more with panels. Plus it makes a fast easy gift too. I've designed the quiltin EQ8 for accuracy but always make sure my directions are working with yours. My size will be approximately 51 x 59 but you could easily enlarge if desired. You would need to "join" strips together to make a longer border if you do so please keep that in mind. Oh, if you still need supplies my link to Missouri Star Quilt Co. w/save you 20% off $50. or more for the month of June. I love it when they extend a great discount plus their website always features "daily deals." Well lets get started on making this super cute quilt! 

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)


* Supplies are listed in previous post :-)

Here's all you do...

* Press your panel.

* Square up your "dark blue border" to 3/4" ,,,this includes a 1/4" seam allowance for a half-inch finished border.

* Set aside.

Tip...Clip/hang as desired so you don't need to press again. 

* Lay out your "Jelly Roll" strips to see all the stunning cuts of the fabric collection. 

* Press if needed.

Tip...I like to "coordinate my strips" to get a visual of how I'd like to combine the fabrics 2gether.

In the next Phase I will be showing how I coordinated the fabrics strips within the design but let your creativity flow. Refer to the design for inspiration. This is a fast & easy project so remember to enjoy and have fun. There's no quilting police in my "sewing room." It's all about "less-stress-quilting." :-) 

Talk soon,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment