Saturday, June 29, 2024

Cats..."Spook-tacular Entertaining!" Phase 1

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all have restful weenkend plans. It's been a bit crazy already here seeing the "weather" already brewing in the tropics. So I thought...well then I'm going to "brew-up" some spook-tacular sewing this weekend. Truth be told...I recently received the "Little Witch" designed by Jennifer Long for Riley Blake Designs. Oh my gosh...this is such a fun & cute design line that I couldn't wait to start some fun-ctional spooky-designs for entertaining. I just received my backing fabric for the "Sweet Land of Liberty" design so in the meantime of pressing the yardage I'll have some spooky-fun. If you're like me decorating for the Holiday's brings me joy. I love to decorate my "coffee bar area" for the season. It's probably to make me happy but every now and then a friend will pop in for coffee. I design 'fun-ctional decor" so you can make the design and use where you would like in your home. The design can also be used when dinner entertaining due to they are "trivets" used with Insul-Bright. If you follow me you will notice I use a lot of this product for the function. The trivets are super cute when not in use then they will hold hot/cold items when entertainig. Plus they stack easy for strorage. That's a must these days due to my limited space. The trivets are Phase 1 then later we'll be doing Phase 2 with a "free-download" from Windham Fabrics "Batty Mantle." I will be featuring the pattern in a "table runner" instead w/ the "Spook-tacular Trivets" in the center. I wanted to give you a visual of what is to come :-) Seriously, check out the free-download so you can coordinate your fabrics while they are in stock. I know the "Little Witch" collection is going fast! You can purchase the fabric collection from Missouri Star Quilt Company and my link w/save you 2-% off $50. or more on most products for the month of June. We have a lot going on starting in July so keep checking back. I'll be doing two series "Stitchin' @ the Lake" & teach the kiddos 2 sew this Summer along w/some super cute & fun projects. Thanks so much for following & let the Summer Fun begin!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links on right of home page)


Here's all you need...

* Missouri Star Octagon Templates (Small, Medium, Large)

* Little Witch Charm Pack by Jennifer Long (Sew a Story)

* 1/4 yard each of coordinating fabrics Witches hat (Magenta & Pumpkin)

* 1/2 yard of Moda Bella Solids Black for Binding/backing.

* Coordinating thread Aurifil 50# (2692, 2235, 2582) 

* 1/4 yard of Insul-bright

* 1/4 yard of low-loft batting

Note...You will be "fussy-cutting" using the Octagon Templates for the center of each Trivet. Super fun way to get the exact center & you can use the scraps later for the border strips. No waste in my sewing room :-) Below is a "sneak-peek" of the design that starts tomorrow. It's super easy & fun. If you don't already have this adorable fabric then catch up when your order comes in. :-)

Talk soon,

Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment