Thursday, May 30, 2024

"Boo-tiful Scrap-a-long!"

 Hey quilter's...hope you're having a great week. My day starting off with a anxiety walk then my sweet neighbor showed me all of her quilts she's been working on. It's funny how fabric...sewing...seeing quilts calms me and bring me joy. She gave her quilts the old school "tying" which I love. Tying quilts has been around forever! It's a great way to finish quilts es[ecially if you're short on time. I also feel it would be a fun summer project for kiddos too. I remember many of times "tying quilts" with Oma at the hospital when someone is in surgery. It's a "pack up & go" with the need of no sewing machine. Just a few hands :-) Super sweet memories that I'll cherish forever. Well today I wanted to share w/y'all my progress of this "fun-ctional table runner" that I'm making. I'm using "Hey Boo" Layer Cake by Moda Fabrics...designed by Lella Boutique. The pattern "Hello Pumpkin" is from Missouri Star Quilt Company. I'm following the instructions within the pattern but just making a runner. The instructions are super easy that I might have to add the full quilt to my "bucket list." I love a pattern that inspires me to create something different but still using their awesome designs. I've pieced my squares using Aurifil 50# thread & currently working on  a "scrappy-border." This fabric is sew cute that I can't waste any of it :-) I don't know about you but it's never too soon for Halloween sewing. Especially if you're like me....I'm a bit slow these days so I love to be piecing a design and having one that I'm quilting on too. I pop between them depending on my pain level. Geez :-) Speaking of designs...we have a lot of fun projects happening in June & I'll be giving you a "sneak peek" real soon. I wanted to challenge myself this year...learn new blocks...techniques and will admit it's been a blast! I guess you can teach an old quilter new techniques ;-) If y'all need supplies my link to Missouri Star Quilt Company will save you 20% off $50. or more for the month of May. Thanks so much for following and talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC 

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Hey Boo Layer Cake by Moda Fabrics & Hello Pumpkin Pattern by MSQC...progress :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment