Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Cats Tip of the Day! "Aurifil thread & Clover Chaco Liner pen"

 Hey quilter's...hope you're having a great week and doing what you love. I day "doing what you love" because life flies by too quickly. I was text'd some pics of my girlfriends daughter who's daughter was doing the "Senior Walk" at my daughter's school where she is a counselor. Oh my gosh...three generations of amazing women. Seems like yesterday our girls where in high school themselves. I love seeing the pics and especially seeing the pics of how everyone's family has grown. Just makes me feel old :-) But that's life as they say but it sure does go by too fast. Enjoy everyday...the best way possible. My late dads last words were "don't get upset over things you can't change." Boy does that ring in my head daily! Well there is a lot of celebration going & feels like "Memorial Day" is the weekend that kicks it all off. I just finished quilting my "America...Sew Beautiful" Party Point Celebration runner & wanted to share a few quilting tips w/y'all. I know we sometimes "especially me" hate to mark lines on the fabric for quilting. I do use the "heat eraseable" pens although a lot of quilter's don't agree but it works for me. I don't plan on ever being in freezing temps again for the marks to come back :-) I recently started using the Chaco Liner pen by Clover and I'm truly enjoying how it marks on fabrics. It's very easy to use with the tapered point and I just take a damp paper towel once finished quilting to remove any lines. My test on dark fabric turned out great. The American Beauty by Riley Blake Designs has a variety of dark fabric hues and it cleaned up nicely :-) I especially love Aurifil 50 weight thread hues 2260, 2710, 2780. They complimented the fabric colors & prints perfectly. I know items add up quickly when buying itmes for projects so I wanted to share these with y'all. Plus if you're looking for a gift for any crafter/quilter these would be great and affordable too! All supplies can be found on Missouri Star Quilt Company's website and my link will save you 20% off $50. or more for the month of May. I'll be posting my finished runner so check back soon Let's just say "Chuck" had a windy photo session by the lake. Poor guy...I had to clip him so he didn't fall in with the gators :-) I thank y'all so much for following and talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest (links upper right on home page)

Note...I carefully folded back the "Party Points" before quilting each line :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment