Monday, May 20, 2024

America...Sew Beautiful.."Party-Point-Celebration!" Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. The weekend flew by too fast for me. I did some cooking...trying new recipes and sewing of course. I do things in moderation but not going to give up on what I love. Speaking of love....my sweet grandson hit a home run yesterday. I am one proud Gege! He is only 13 but his ethics amaze me for his age. He focuses on his school work...sports and sometimes cleaning his room :-) Ha..just kidding. He recently sent a pic of his new "teenage" room and I was amazed. He's very minimal...clean lined for his age. I love it when he ask's me questions about design. Still makes me feel important even though I'm retired from the "design world." I do believe that's why I love sewing/quilting. It gives me the creative out that my brain needs. They both are rewarding. Designing gave me the opportunity to make families happy & quilting gives me the chance to share designs & techniques hoping to inspire others. I know sounds corny but it really brings me joy! Speaking of...I hope y'all enjoyed Phase 1 of the "Party-Point-Celebration" runner. This next phase is very simple which will give you ample time to put your own quilting spin on it. I did a coordinating "trivet" to practice my quilting stitches that I'll be sharing soon. You know me...I like to practice a new design by making a "trivet"...they are fun-ctional and fun! Oh check out Aurifils thread hues...they compliment this fabric line perfectly. All supplies can be found on Missouri Star Quilt Company's website and my link will save you 20% off $50. or more for the month of May. I thank y'all so much for following. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

MSQC Affiliate

Paid Partnership w/MSQC 

Follow me on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

Note...I use Aurifil 50 weight #2710 & 2780

Here's all you do...

For 1" Inner Border Strips...

* Rotary Cut from 2 Grey squares....1 1/2 x 9 1/2...Per design...sew with right sides 2gether...1/4" seam allowance. Press...square up if needed.

Accent Border (white paisley)

* Rotary cut 2 strips 1 1/ 2 x 9 1/2 sew to top/bootom...same method as above.

* Rotary cut 2 strips 1 1/2 x 31 (or your length) and sew to left/right sides...same method as above.

Border/Binding...

* From blue accent fabric...rotary cut 2 strips 2" x 11 1/4 (strips are wider to fold back later)

* Sew to top/bottom of runner...same method as previous...press.

* Rotary cut 2 strips 2" x 31 (or your length) and sew to left/right sides.

* Press

* Rotary cut your batting and backing 11 1/2 x 31 1/2 or your desired size.

* Layer backing fabric (right side facing down)

* Batting

* Runner (right side facing up)

* Pin or clip to secure before quiltig.

* Quilt as desired & have fun!

Note...I'm just one step ahead of you. I'm accent quilting in the ditch & doing an "X" grid pattern in each block to compliment the "Party-Points." O,K,,,yes they technically are 'priairie points." you're on to me but in my world they are "Party-Points." After all...it's a "Celebration Runner!" :-)

Talk soon,

Cat




No comments:

Post a Comment