Monday, May 29, 2023

Happy Memorial Day!..."Quilt it Forward"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are spending your day honoring your loved ones and all who have served our country. Today is a special day coming from a Military family. Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for all that has served and is still serving our country. My dad was in the war and this was his favorite Holiday....remembering and honoring all who helped make this country what it is today. My son-in-law (ex-Marine) served two tours in Iraq and needless to say my grandson is growing up respecting our country as well. If you have a chance today to "listen" to someone's story...honor them...cherish those memories. Now as an adult, I wish that I could bottle all those stories up cause it is true you do tend to forget as you get a tad bit older. As you may have read in earlier posts we recently lost our "mom-in-law." One of my favorite quilts of hers was the one pictured below. She was quite the quilter and won numerous awards & I just loved her precise piecing. I admired the quilt below for many years. The 4x4 in "stars" are accented with "one-inch blocks along with 1 x 2" in flying geese"...oh my lord...tiny..tiny...piecing. Oh course I love the "scrappy design" If you look closer you will see the most recent "quilt it forward" item that i found. Yes...she knew i loved her "batik stash" so hidden amongst her gorgeous batiks was the seed packet "Forget Me Not"...oh my gosh...tears when I found this but then laughed . I have to admit she knew we'd need a laugh or two sorting all her "stash." Well, I hope today is memorable and you spend it however you desire. Have a Blessed one and check back soon for more "scrap-a-longs" this summer!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment