Monday, May 15, 2023

Cats Tip of the day!..."Quilt-it-Forward"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a great weekend.. This "Mother's Day" was happy tears for us due to the recent passing of our "Mom-in-law." I'm blessed to be a Mom....Gege so wanted to enjoy my day but also cherish her memory as well, so we went to her favorite restaurant on the Lake. But have to say I think it's mine too now...that view was breath taking. People even "drove" their boats to the restaurant to eat. How fun & convenient is that! Although I've enjoyed our time in Florida helping her, it's time to get back to our "Texas Roots." Pray the market drops so this can happen. It's definitely still a sellers' market :-( Anyway, as I've mentioned in previous posts Ann was quite the quilter. She won many awards...participated in quilt quilds from Indiana to Florida. She quilted for over 45 years, I'm sure. Along with all that glory came "tons" of quilting items that I inherited. I'll be honest. I was so overwhelmed. She left "secret notes" that I'll be sharing later and gave me a "pecking order" as she called it towards the end when she wasn't feeling well. I do wish I paid a bit more attention but that is hard to hear. I did put the pressure on myself due to wanting to carry out her wishes in a very respectful manner. Mom "Ann" was also my "quilter in crime." I'm a quilter as well so inheriting her items...UFO's "unfinished objects/projects" when I have many of my own to complete was over-whelming! My sister-in-law took a few that she would finish, and she kept her sewing machine and table in the family so that was wonderful. But I have to say it didn't even make a dent. Mom believed in only buying quality. She told me why would you spend all that hard work on making something for it to only fall apart. So use the best quality fabric and thread. She loved Aurifil thread...Madera & Sulky....anything and everything by Fons and Porter...Quilt in a day along with collecting "Quilt Magazines" and lots were "signed" when she saw the Quilter's in person. So I decided instead of stressing....."Quilt it Forward." Gift....donate items in her honor and that's what we've been doing. We donated tons of items to our quilt club (pics below).for them to make items for local charities...gifted items to new quilters to help start them on their "quilting journey"...donated tons of craft items to the local resale shop that helps homeless in the area & I'm still gifting her legacy forward. I know I'm not the only one that has inherited "quilting items" but maybe the tips that I'll be sharing of "Quilt-it-forward" might help if you are ever in the situation as well. Don't stress...quilt their legacy forward. For me it's the best way to cherish her memory! Keep following for more tips a long the way that I'll be sharing along with my "Scrap-a-longs!" Talk soon.

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

Cooking blog.....www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com






No comments:

Post a Comment