Monday, May 1, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Aurifil 50 weight #2615...Plays well w/ others!"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all had a great weekend. We had quite the stormy one but dogged the tornados. Crazy weather lately. Well as y'all know by now I'm pretty obsessed with Aurifil thread. But wanted to share my "New Quilting Best Friend." Sometimes when "scrap piecing" which is mostly what I do you end up changing out your top thread quite a bit. We'll let me make your "quilting life" a bit easier. Recently I ordered Aurifil # 2615 Aluminum. I ordered the mini spool to "audition" the thread hue with my recent scrap-a-long. I am thrilled to say that I will be ordering the large spool! I love this this thread hue "aluminum. It's perfect...not too white...not too beige...not too dark...it's a perfect compromise for about any fabric scraps. I recently used it to quilt around my "orange peels" on previous design. I love piecing with batiks. They have so much color hues within a tiny piece of fabric, and it gives me joy to use as many Aurifil threads as possible when quilting. But it sure is great when you can find a "neutral color" of thread that totally plays well with others! You can pop over to right side of my blog to click on Aurifils website & Missouri Star Quilt Co. to view more of this great quality thread. Keep following for my next fun "scrap-a-long" using the "mini peel template" by Missouri Star Quilt co. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment