Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Sneak Peek..."Holiday's w/my Gnomies"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great "Christmas week." Hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner. This year has flown by for me and that is why I wanted to "introduce" just one of my "Scrap-a-longs" for 2023. I love gnomes...my family loves gnomes...in fact I've never met a gnome I didn't think was adorable. So, I decided to incorporate one of my fav's into a fun and easy "scrap-a-long" for 2023. You can see in pic that he's my "Coastal Gnome" and if you still need a last-minute gift just follow the directions below then pop over to previous post and complete if you wish. You would be finishing as the "Snowflake Mug mat for Mrs. Claus." If you know me by now, you'll be using your "scraps" which I'm excited about. I'll be showing different ways you can turn the same design into easy & fun gifts. I used a cute little gnome cookie cutter, but you can draw your own if you wish. I have two sizes that I'll be using throughout the year...hint :-) I love the random scrappy background, but you could do a solid piece of scrap if you wish. Less-stress-quilting in my world :-) Remember this is just "one" of my "Scrap-a-long-w/me" in 2023. So don't put away your Christmas fabric. We're going to have a great "Quilt-Mas" all year! Enjoy & Merry Christmas!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com


Here's all you need...

*Scrap fabric ( I used Glam & Banyan Batiks by Northcott Fabrics)

* Coordinating thread ( I used Aurifil 50 weight #3910, 2235, 2588, 2260, 4093)

* Fons & Porter 3" finished side hexagon ruler

* Gnome cookie cutter

* Heat n bond lite

* Sulky light weight tear away stabilizer

* Insul bright for hot n cold mug mat or trivet

Here's all you do...

* Scrap sew your background fabric at random using a 1/8" inch seam allowance for less bulk. Finger press as you go.

* Once you achieve desired size...iron and square up using the hexagon ruler. 

Tip...I used my small Olfa mat to "spin around" while I was rotary cutting around hexagon ruler.


* Now fuse heat n bond lite to wrong side of your scrap piece of fabric for gnome following manufacturer's directions.

* Trace around your gnome cookie cutter on paper side of fabric.



* Carefully cut out gnome and fuse to right side of scrappy hexagon following manufacturer's directions. 

Tip...I drew a "oar" for my coastal gnome design. Hint of what's to come this year :-)

Continue to fuse the same way on scrap pieces to get your desired design. 

* Using your lightweight stabilizer on back side.... applique as desired using Aurifil thread. :-)

* Carefully tear away stabilizer once done & follow previous post if you decide to "now" make a mug mat for a great gift. 

* Well, I hope you had fun with the "sneak Peek" of this fun "Scrap-a-long w/me in 2023!"

Christmas Blessings y'all!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment