Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Why I love Aurifil Thread!"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great week. I was recently ask why I'm I love Aurifil thread. I laughed and said, "how much time do you have?" I've always been a fan of Aurifil thread but a few years ago I became obsessed. I few years I took on a large project for our sweet towns Museum of "Stain Glass Windows" out of Batik fabrics & appliqued with Aurifil thread. I designed the pattern at the time in EQ7 for accuracy. Now I use EQ8 but that's another story :-) Well each individual piece of the stain glass design was appliqued with "Aurifil 50# thread" with no thread breakage. Yes...that's right....I designed 3 windows (one below of the Texas rose) and not once did I have a thread breakage or any kind of a thread "hick-up." This was a huge project of me & Aurifil thread made it a breeze with no stress. I preach on my techniques of "less-stress-quilting" with my "Scrap-a-longs" & this project started it all for me! The quality of Aurifil thread is beyond amazing plus you have so many color hues & weight threads to compliment any craft or quilting project. The term "endless possibilities" is definitely used to describe "Aurifil thread."  I hope you try Aurifil thread if you're not already addicted like me! 

Here's a tip...if you're not sure of what "thread hue" to use cause you have so many choices....purchase a smaller spool to "audition" your thread with your fabric. I recently ordered "2615" it's a very neutral color that I love while piecing my "scraps" together. Plus ordering small threads spools allows you to purchase more color hues especially if your just new to the wonderful world of quilting :-) I have a link at the upper right of my blog to Aurifil  & Missouri Star Quilt co where you can purchase this great thread. Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment