Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Audition those Scraps W/ Aurifil thread!"

 Hey quilters....hope your "mid-week" is going well. I wanted to share one of the "advanced tips" of the Scrap-a-long design, a "Rose for Mom." As you can see with previous post/design you can definitely use a few scrap hues and make it simple especially for a new quilter. But I love to challenge myself within a design. I guess it's the "Interior designer" coming out or maybe I like to live on the edge a bit. Ha! But when I saw the charm pack of "Pebbles & Daisies" by Banyan Batiks for Northcott fabrics I knew it had to be "scrappy." All the color hues of the stunning batiks inspired me & have to say challenged me. This is why I wanted to share this tip. I love to "audition my scraps."...I lay them out.... switch them around.... step back...most likely change again (My O.C.D) :-) Only Cat does! But this step is great cause sometimes you might have 2 hues that are similar and can make or break your design. I wanted to use as many pieces of that pack as possible. The more scraps I use the more Aurifil thread I can accent my design with...win...win for me! I may have got a bit crazy, but I do love all the color hues. It did challenge me and you don't have to use as many scrap pieces like me but do challenge yourself. I especially love to step out of my comfort zone in small projects. Trying new techniques on a small scale is less stressful and you know me I'm all about "less-stress-quilting" ;-) Well, Phase 1 starts tomorrow so grab your scraps & aurifil thread & lets "a-play-que" 2gether this spring. Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment