Monday, April 24, 2023

"Cats "Spring Scrapin' a-play-que Series" Sneak peek!

 Hey quilter's....hope you had a great weekend. I wanted to start off our Monday with a "sneak peek" of this week "scrap-a-long." This design is very dear to me. My mom-in-law recently passed and she was an exceptional quilter. Her detail with her perfect points always impressed me. She believed in buying great quality threads and fabrics. Mom won many awards with her quilts & she loved helping others new to the "quilt world." Yes, she was also a fan of Aurifil thread & Batiks. She once told me why would you spend all that time on a project and not use quality thread and fabric. Needless to say, I have spent the last two weeks donating her fabrics and notions to our quilt club. Her legacy will continue with all the projects they will make to help others. Mom loved roses. So, the design below is a tribute to her love of "pink roses". It's my modern spin on a rose using the "orange peel template" that I recently received from Missouri Star Quilt co. I will be using my fav of "Pebbles & Daisies by Banyan Batiks for Northcott fabrics, but you can see any fabric scraps will work! I'll be showing my "advanced technique" featuring 50 weight  Aurifil thread and designs from a trivet...table runner & pillow. Design easily can be enlarged for a lap quilt or any size. Endless quilt-possibilities with this fun scrap-a-long! You still have time to purchase the sweet "mini peel template" by Missouri Star Quilt Co or the Pebbles & Daisies fabric. I'll be starting the "scrap-a-long" mid-week but you sure can join in anytime! Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

Design...."A Rose for Mom" 13 x 33 





No comments:

Post a Comment