Thursday, August 5, 2021

Cat's Tip of the Day..."Rotary Cutting Small Incriments"

 Hey quilter's....hope your week is going well. This week while rotary cutting "small increments", which I would rather not :-) I forgot my own tip. I messed up a perfect square due to not cutting the 1/4 " seam first. I know, sounds so simple. But sence I've gotten into the habit of cutting my "small increments" first then my whole increments things go a lot smoother. Maybe it's my age...who knows! I do stress this technique for new quilter's getting used to rotary cutting. Just helps in the long run so you don't make mistakes like me. Although if you do...no sweat....you just have another piece of "scrap fabric" :-) I also like to share that "rubber backed gardening gloves" are also wonderful while using a rotary cutter. Helps with slipage of the rule when cutting and protects your fingers. Yes...I do know the horrible feeling of a rotary cutter. Kids gardening gloves work great for small hands.

Have a great week!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on my cooking blog @ www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com


Here's what I do....

Alway's square up your fabric edge

Rotary cut your sm increment (1/8, 1/4, 1/2) then measure out and rotary cut your whole number. 

Hope this tip helps!



No comments:

Post a Comment