Sunday, August 27, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..." Baby Lock 1/4" quilting foot!"

 Hey quilter's...hope your Sunday blessings to y'all. I've had a quiet weekend. I know a lot of you are wondering why I preach "thread and fabric therapy" & less-stress-quilting. Well, when you take "muscle relaxers" like I do for back pain it tends to make me a bit goofy. Due to my level of pain, I don't share large "scrap-a-longs" because I cannot do them anymore. But I love sharing fast & easy technique and if you've noticed I usually state an advanced technique to challenge yourself. I don't want you to get "bored" with my fun & easy designs just because I have health issues now. I do love fast & easy projects myself...it's rewarding & if you're new to sewing/quilting it's a great motivation. I'm not going to give up on what I love...just need to do it in moderation. If you've seen my previous post, then you know that I actually set a "timer" to make me stop...yup...I'm up to about 10 minutes. Seriously....it does stink getting "old-ish" and we take what is given to us as we age but don't give up on what you love. We need to take our "minds" off our pain even if it's just a "few minutes." Projects that used to take 30 minutes not take "days" to finish but we just gotta keep going" Thread and fabric really helps. These day's I'll take a minute or two of relief:-) Well I wanted to share a "quick tip" with y'all that will help you especially when "quilting within the sunflower" trivet. I have the Baby-Lock Jazz II & with that pretty beast comes a "1/4 inch quilting foot & a 12" throat space." I love this even on my small projects. I use the 14" foot to help guide me when adding quilting rows. Sometimes when you're using "coordinating threads" you can't see your previous lines. Or at least I can't due to my "cataracts now." :-( The 1/4" quilting foot is awesome to help quide you. I would suggest that when you are coming closer to the corners to slow down and try to line up your stitch length with the corners. One good thing about coordinating your thread with fabric that if you make a "oopsie" most likely it won't be noticeable. Plus, if you're like me my "seam-ripper" is your best friend! Well, I hope this tip helps you to make your sewing/quilting days easier. Remember...there's no "quilting police" in my sewing room...it's all about "less-stress-sewing/quilting" "thread and fabric therapy"& sharing fun projects together. Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest.

You still have until August 31st to use your 15% off ( 1 x use) from Missouri Star Quilt Company.

https://glnk.io/mzmmj/ihearditthroughthequiltvine (link at upper right of blog)

Code QUILTVINEAUG23 will automatically appear for you to click on at checkout :-)

Paid partnership w/ MSQC





No comments:

Post a Comment