Saturday, February 18, 2023

"Left-over-lovin' w/ Aurifil thread & Northcott Fabrics!"

 Hey quiilter's...hope all is well & your weekend is off to a great start. I wanted to share a fun...quick..."scrappy project" with y'all. I love it when you can use up your scraps and incorporate them into a gift. I recently made a pillow slip for a sweet little girl that is very dear to my heart. She has a "boho" them bedroom with quilts in blues...reds...and yellow. Oh my gosh I just knew I had to give it a "scrappy design" in order to compliment the color hues. I had scrap pieces of Banyan Batiks by Northcott Fabrics that complimented perfectly then used Aurifil 50 weight thread and appliqued on the strips. I love to compliment the colors with Aurifil thread. Sometimes you might not have the right color hue in fabrics but if you play with your threads and use them to enhance your design. It's just like decorating your home. You sometimes pull in a decor piece to pull out the color in a room. You can do the same with thread. You have endless possibilities with threads & scraps. Another reason why I loved this project it's a great way to teach a beginner quilter to sew straight lines. Once that part is achieved then you use your presser foot on sewing machine as your guide for your decorative stitches. You know me I believe in less-stress-quilting! I hope this project has inspired you to pull out your scraps & use your Aurifil thread to enhance your design using decorative stitches. Keep following for more fun ...scrappy.. projects coming soon! Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours.

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment