Sunday, November 13, 2022

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Pin for Directional Borders"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great weekend. I wanted to share a quick tip & a "sneak peek" of this week's project. As promised, it's another great gift for the Holiday's. First of all, you know me it's all about sewing with great quality thread. I'm obsessed with Aurifil thread. I've never had a "thread breakage" and for me that's a great testimony. Along with that great thread you need great quality fabrics. Yes, you may pay a bit more for these items, but your projects and time are worth it! So today's tip is for my project "sneak-peek" for this coming week. I'll be sharing my New-Advanced-Technique on my "Scrap...Crackle...Pop!" technique. Yes, I did it. I took my onwn design a made "Crazy Scrapin' Half-Square Triangles." The things a "quilter's brain" comes up with during the stress of another Hurricane. I have to say with my "therapeutic technique" it was well needed. Well take a close peek of the block below. You will see a "quilter's pin" at the "top of block." This is an old school tip that Oma shared with me several years ago and has been very useful throughout the years. With my design you will be adding directional borders. Very simple but you definitely need to keep your directional sewing the same for the design. So, taking a moment to pin the top of your block before adding borders will help you to remember to start at that side of block first. I know seems simple but trust me it's super important and a great time saver. Who wants to use a "seam ripper" if you don't need too :-) Also, if you've noticed in the design all the yummy Christmas Scraps. I used scraps from Northcott fabrics. Scraps from Banyon Batiks along with fabrics by Patrick Lose "Glam, Sparkling Stars, Christmas Magic" & Deborah Edwards "Santa Paws." The design is called "Cats Christmas Peppermint Crunch." I love red/green peppermints during the Holidays and this fabric line complimented the design perfectly. You'll be making a fun-ctional table square. :-) So, gather your "Christmas Fabrics" & your Aurifil thread for another fun "Scrap-a-long w/Cat" this Holiday Season. Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Facebook & Pinterest




No comments:

Post a Comment