Monday, June 13, 2022

It's National Sewing Machine Day Y'all :-)

 Hey quilter's....I almost forgot of how special this day was for me. This day was dedicated to the "heroes" in my mind anyway that previously did all hand stitching before the sewing machine was invented. As much as I love to hand stitch I cannot even imagine the daunting task of only sewing garments by hand. The pic below says it all....I actually had the pleasure of learning how to sew on one of these precious machines. Of course, I was thrilled when I was advanced to a basic electric singer. Yes, I might be showing my age a bit but later on in life I actually showed some 4-H er's how lucky they were learning with "advanced technology" :-) And as much as I regret admitting this but as a designer I've repurposed many of these stands for decor. At least I'm keeping the history going...right? Anyway, whatever you sew on....cherish today's machines but remember to always embrace our history of how much sewing machines have really evolved to this day. Happy Sewing Machine Day!!!

P.S....I have a sweet "quilt-a-long" starting soon for the kiddos...we'll be "repurposing a school binder", learning fun & easy quilting techniques. Check back soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat 

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook, Pinterest & Instagram (ihearditthroughthequiltvine)




No comments:

Post a Comment