Saturday, June 11, 2022

"Embrace your Journey...one Stitch @ a time"

 Hey quilter's...hope all is going well & your weekend is full of things you love to do. Today's post is a bit personal but wanted to maybe reach out to someone that might be going through some life changes or health changes like me. Sometimes we can get easily discouraged and maybe even give up on what we love to do, at least I do anyway. But lately I've had to come to a "Cat adjustment" and realize yes you cannot do everything the way you did but don't give up! My health has changed drastically in the past few years with my bone disorder and now a muscle disorder that I have a hard time sitting/standing throughout the day. I know I'm not the only one going through this, but I've learned that you need to take your mind off your pain in whatever way works for you. My passion has always been sewing/quilting. I've been a Residential & Commercial designer most of my life but due to my limitations now that is now what I like to say, "a blast from my past." ;-) So, I'd like to share a very weird and simple thing that I do to keep my sanity....I set my "kitchen timer" to 15 minutes so I make myself get up....stretch a bit which allows my muscles not to cramp up when sewing/sitting. I know sounds weird but I actually started out at 5 minutes :-) baby steps! Y'all are probably laughing that I still use a "kitchen timer" so use your "phone" if needed. Things (projects) take forever now cause I do things so slow but again,,,not giving up! But here's a funny...I love seeing everyone's posts on Instagram longarm quilting...but have to say when you're on pain meds things moving fast is a bit scary. One reason why my techniques are pretty simple these days & geared toward the beginner quilter. So yes, I've slowed down now at a young age I must say but we'll just do things a little slower together if that's o.k. I always give "tips & advanced designs" so don't let me slow you down....stay creative...keep doing what you love even if it's a bit different. Remember "Thread Therapy" is so much cheaper....one reason why I absolutely love using "Aurifil thread." Sounds simple but it really brings me joy! Never forget to create like nobody's watching....Trust me...y'all would laugh at me right now....drinking coffee...in pj's & blogging. But....FYI....I do have a fun/easy project for the kiddos coming soon....kiddos will be repurposing a "school binder"....learning fun & easy techniques to cover a binder or journal for school! So keep following & have a great weekend!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat 

email q's...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook/Pinterest & Instagram (@ihearditthroughthequiltvine)

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment