Thursday, September 9, 2021

Scrapin' w/ Cat Quilt-a-long....gift 4 any occasion..."Scrapin' Coastal Fold-n-Go Tic-Tac-Toe!"

 Hey quilter's...hope y"alls week is going great. Today I'm a bit older...which I could say wiser :-) So today, I'm relaxing and starting off my "Scrapin' w/Cat Quilt-a-long." Easy & fun projects to use up our scrap stash. Although don't be shocked when your "stash pile" starts to grow. Oh my goodness....after designing some of these upcoming projects, I now have evern smaller pieces to use. I put them in a zip lock back 'cause I was afraid where they'd end up :-) "Sew grab your Scraps & Aurifil thread & lets have some fun 2gether!"

Below is a design that I did recently for my daughter's birthday. We all love going to the coast but sometimes it's hard with the wind and water to break out a game to play. We've alway's loved tic-tac-toe. Especially my grandson. I needed to come up with a unique fabric that wouldn't care if got wet plus wanted to use up my "scrap pieces." I came across this "dish mat" while shopping and thought..."that's it...plus it was the right color." I knew that it would need to be a "coastal design" and the blue mat was perfect. My family love's starfish and turtles so that was an easy choice for the x's & o's. My biggest challenge was the blocking of the squares. I went through my scraps and was going to do it from strips of fabric but them thought of the "rope" for a more coastal feel. You can easily use fabric strips to mark your squares or even "craft tape." Dish Mats come in all different sizes so just mark up your design and then decide on the size square for each X & O. I used "fabric glue" and pinned in place while I was designing the squares. I tied knots along the way to give more of the "coastal look "Thís was a bit time consuming but I'm please with how it turned out plus they loved it...win win! Again....craft tape would work great if you want to make it easier. I did the "starfish & turtle squares" just like my previous posts on "trivets." Use the same method but just adjust to your desired square size and design. I made 5 each just in case one got lost but do as many as you desire. I had so much fun using my scraps and making a fun & practical gift that I'm designing another one for Christmas. I love it when a gift comes together easy that inspires me to make more :-) 

This design is so practical...I used "sticky back tape" to hold the pieces in place while playing if the wind was blowing plus it keeps the squares in place for storage. Just fold-n-go!

Have fun with the design....change it up...makes a great gift for any Season...plus you're using your scraps! :-) Enjoy!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest and www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com






 






No comments:

Post a Comment