Thursday, September 16, 2021

"Cat's Tip of the Day!"

 Hey quilter's....hope your day is going well & having fun putting your scrap project together. I wanted to share this with y'all. My "scrap project" will feature bright red...black...and white scraps for my daughter's Snowflake Runner. My biggest concern was using "red scraps" along with "white scraps." We all know how red can bleed and definately don't want that too happen. Well first tip is that when I do wash my fabric I do take "pinking sheers" and tip off the corners before washing the fabric. This is a great 'reminder" when you do come across your red scraps and wonder....was that washed? Sometimes you can tell by the texture of the fabric scraps if has been washed. But my "OCD" kicks in...I know also known as "Only Cat Does." But when you've had fabric bleed into a project it really makes you extra careful :-) 

My other tip is I alway's use a mesh laundry bag for those pieces of fabrics that I'm not so sure if previously washed. These mesh bags come in different sizes and are a great investment. I do keep one aside for my "dark items". Again.,,,my "OCD" :-) Another benefit is those tiny scrap pieces don't get lost in your washing machine. Anyway, I hope this "Scrapin' tips helps."

Have fun & talk soon for Phase 2!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

email q's 

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com



No comments:

Post a Comment