Tuesday, October 3, 2023

All Treats in Quilt Town..."Towel 2 Pillow"...Phase 2

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. I had a good laugh yesterday while looking at my calendar for the week. Oh my gosh...doc appt. doc appt....doc appt. Seriously, don't get old. :-) I preach "threadnfabric" therapy for a reason. Designing...sewing 7 quilting has always been my passion. No matter what was going on I knew that I could find solace in designing.  Although I'm not designing homes anymore due to my health, I do find comfort more in designing quilts. It still gives me the relaxation that I need when in pain. I know a lot of us are trying to find ways to relieve pain even if it's just for a few minutes. I do find "doodling" to also help with anxiety and stress. They even sell "doodling quilt books" at craft stores that you can color in. I know...we do go back in time :-) But will admit it's great. My late mom-on-law bought me one a few years back when she noticed my health was taking a turn. Her being a retired nurse suggested coloring to help with anxiety. boy was she right! If you don't have a "doodle book" just make one yourself or grab a child's coloring book. Trust me...you'll be a bit surprised of how a few minutes of coloring can help take your mind off pain. Also, a great gift if someone you know if recuperating from surgery. Well on with Phase 2 of this super fun hack. I thank y'all so much for following and having patience with me during my "down time." 

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & Instagram (link upper right of blog)


Note: if you are not "quilting" your square then google "Bi-Fold Pillow" instructions if you want to jump ahead, or you can view my post on my "fish pillow." Just remember my instructions are for a 16" pillow form so adjust your sizes accordingly for your back fabric cuts. But I hope you're going to do some fun accent quilting. I always say small projects are a great time to practice your quilting skills :-)

Here's all you do...

* Per design...sew top border to center square with right sides together using a 1/4" seam allowance.

Press

* Sew bottom border as above. Press & square up if needed.

* Sew Left border to center matching seams if possible with right sides 2gether using a 1/4" seam allowance. Press.

* Sew Right border same method as above.

* Press & square up if needed.

My block is 16.5 x 16.5

Preparing to quilt...

* Rotary cut your lightweight batting & stabilizer roughly 2" larger than your block. This will help stabilize your block when quilting and you can "square up when finished quilting."

* Layer stabilizer then batting and quilt block right side up.

* Pin or clip as desired.

Now have fun accent quilting around your design. Just remember to remove pins or clips as you quilt. I like to start at top and "smooth" fabric as I go due to quilting on a domestic machine. Just remember to have fun maybe even play with decorative stitches and thread hues. It's a fun small project so get creative and put your own spin on it! Enjoy!

Oh, if you need any supplies pop over to Missouri Star Quilt Co. Sign up for their emails so you can receive info on their "daily deals." :-)

Talk soon,

Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment