Friday, July 14, 2023

"You're never 2 old for a baby......Babylock that is!!!!"

 Hey quilter's...hope your summer is going well & you're not dealing with this crazy weather. I'm not going to talk about it cause I know in a few hours it's going to hit again. Hmmmm....anyway :-) I've been sharing some special posts with y'all in the meantime of some fabric being delivered for my next "scrap-a-long." I've been reminiscing a lot lately cause it's the "big 6" for me soon. Seriously just saying it freaks me out so I just say the "big 6." Kinda funny cause it was soooo much cooler when my grandson said he was turning the "big 6." :-) I remember as a child learning to sew first with a "needle & thread" and constantly wanting to sew on my mother's machine. Still to this day don't know why she didn't want me to touch her machine. Maybe it's like me with my "sewing scissors" But I do remember the special day that I received my first sewing machine. Oh my gosh....it's like yesterday...ha! The machine pic below was the safest sewing machine on the market at the time for kids. Here's the kicker....it used glue to adhere the fabric together. I didn't care...what child doesn't like glue. I had so much fun making barbie clothes and even using a "needle and thread" when needed. It's funny how time has evolved especially now with the new "Barbie" movie out. I just wish I had all those barbie clothes that I made & barbie dolls. Wholly smokes all those items are selling like hot cakes now on the internet. As the old saying goes "precious memories." I do remember getting older and sewing on my grandmother's sewing machine. Those memories will be forever in my heart! When I became a "mom" I did teach my daughter to sew very early. I just "supervised." :-) It's funny cause throughout my design career I've always kept doing what I love....sewing and quilting. I always preach "sewing and thread therapy" but it's sew true especially as I've gotten older. Well...right now is the "season" to get a machine that you might have been longing for.... retailors are selling floor and demo models to make room for the new ones. So I took the advice from a Baylock educator, and this week came home with my new baby....my Baylock Jazz II...oh my gosh y'all it has the 12" throat space for quilting. I have 2 machines that I've been quilting with for over 18 yrs. but the throat space was small which made quilting a large project difficult. The Babylock Jazz II is perfect for my quilting needs. I've been asking "Santa" for a longarm for years but it seems he delivers to my neighbors instead. Hmmm maybe he doesn't have my correct address :-) So if you've been wanting to upgrade your machine, now is the time. Contact your local quilt shop to see what they have available. You never know...I was just taking in one of my machines for a tune-up and came home with a new baby! Oh, by the way be a bit more "careful" if you're my age and you tell someone you've been wanting a "baby." Make sure you mention it's a sewing machine. Ahhhh another fun memory! :-) Well....thanks so much for letting me share another memory. Please keep following...I'll be sharing "scrap-a-longs" for summer & upcoming holidays. Stay safe & check back soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest

Cooking blog:....www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com





No comments:

Post a Comment