Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Christmas in July Throwback!..."Aurifil thread....Gege & Jingle"

 Hey quilter's...hope y'all are having a great summer. It's crazy how time flies...It's July and soon it will be Christmas. Our family loves Christmas in July. Hallmark movies...reflecting on our fun Christmas memories and seeking new recipes for the upcoming holidays. I know some might think we're rushing it a bit, but I say I'm just "extending the Joy of Christmas." One of the perks of being a Gege :-) I wanted to share another fun "throwback" with y'all along with a great gift idea for a "Elf on the Shelf" sleeping bag. When my grandson was little and the "Elf on the shelf" madness hit we all became obsessed with the little guy. I mean how could you not. Everywhere were accessories for the little guy.My grandson took him everywhere but in a special container because you couldn't "touch" him. Right? Well, here's a funny story of what Gege did...."me"... they visited for Christmas....left a not for Jingle to come with my address if he wanted too & everything was all good. We put the sleeping bag out that I made for him and made a welcome sign for him on a shelf that I had displayed past Christmas photos. He was so excited...Jingle made it...found "Geges house" and snuggled himself into the warm sleeping bag. Wow...was my grandson excited. UNTIL...I "accidently of course" knocked "Jingle" off the shelf when I was showing a Christmas photo to my grandson of when he was a baby. Oh my gosh....the horror in his voice of me touching Jingle...him losing his magic powers! After he calmed down a bit...he then stated the only way for Jongle to regain his magic powers was for me "Gege" to write an apological letter to "Santa" explaining what happened. Yes...I did...we mailed it to the North Pole and in just a few hours Jingle had his magic powers again. Oh, my word y'all...I can honestly say that was the longest time of my life anticipating what "Santa" would do :-) Needless to say to this day I do not go near the little guy when he visits. Years have passed as you can see the original pattern is on post  dated 12-18-2017 but have to say "It still feels like yesterday" when I see Jingle. We now laugh about it along with other stories of the "tooth fairy...Easter Bunny" but I told him you never stop believing in the magic of "Santa". I hope y'all make this fun sleeping bag for your Elf on the Shelf. The pattern is super easy and would make a great gift too. Enjoy!

Oh....please follow me on Instagram "link at top right" I have an exciting deal coming August 1st :-)

Quilt Blessings from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram...Facebook & Pinterest



No comments:

Post a Comment