Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Keep Calm & Quilt on...or "Quilt it Forward w/ Aurifil thread"

 Hey quilter's...hope your week is off to a great start. Don't kill me but Christmas is not that far off...I know...where has this year gone? I'm normally craming my projects til the very last minute and believe me that will never happen again. I guess my "misshap" has a valuable meaning behind it "make each day more precious then the last." So on the "make" note inspired my Christmas designs for all of next year. If anything...I'll be happy playing with Christmas fabric all year while drinking coffee. What more could we ask for plus we wont be going crazy at the last minute finishing gifts. Or will we ??? :-) Sometimes I feel that I get a "Christmas adrenaline  rush doing that last minute stuff." Crazy,,,I know. Well as you're finishing your projects make sure you set aside your "Christmas Scraps" (hint) for my next years Quilt-a-long. We will definitely have "less-stress-quilting in 2022."

In the meantime, I've been trying to come up with some clever gift ideas due to not making my gifts. So I've gone through some of my "quilt things" and "fabric things" and decided to "Quilt it Forward" with gifts. No I'm not going to give my UFO's although that would be a great idea...wink wink. I decided that I can "talk about how wonderful Aurifil thread is" or share a spool of it with someone that's just beginning to learn to quilt. I have a sweet neighbor that has just started to get back into sewing and is interested in quilting so thought well that's a perfect gift for her. I also had to laugh 'cause I was showing her a trick on threading her machine and I asked for a scrap piece of fabric and she told me "she doesn't have any." Ok...first of all I laughed so hard 'cause I've never met anyone that didn't have "scraps of fabric" then secondly I stated well then you haven't been following my blog on using your scraps/stash piles. So definitely she'll get some "scraps" to go along with her Aurifil thread. I love teaching the "quilting bug" to someone else :-)

Sometimes it is the "little things" that can make someone happy. Maybe you're like me and can't finish a handmade gift for whatever reason so "quilt-it-forward" instead. It will definitely show them how much you thought about them while putting their gift together. 

I can't promise you that I wont be craming at the end of next year but I will definately try. So keep Calm & Quilt on or relax and Quilt it Forward w/ Aurifil thread & notions. Whatever you decide just remember to enjoy every minute you can. Check back for some more less-stress-Quilting-Christmas gifts :-)

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment