Sunday, March 26, 2023

Cats Tip of the Day!..."Working w/ Scraps!"

 Hey quilter's....hope you're having a great weekend. I wanted to share this quick tip with y'all due to my "upcoming scrap-a-long." I'll be starting a fun & easy scrap-a-long real soon & if you're like me sometimes sewing scrap pieces of fabrics can be daunting. Using up those "scrap pieces" of fabrics is rewarding but due to the stretch of certain fabrics it can be a bit frustrating especially when rotary cutting. With my new design you'll be learning my "advanced technique" so I wanted to share this tip with you. If I'm not using a fabric stabilizer when appliqueing "oops...just gave a hint" :-) and if I'm rotary cutting a scrap piece of fabric for a half-square triangle "oops...another hint, " I will lightly spray my scrap piece of fabric "on the wrong side" with Faultless premium luxe finish spray starch before ironing & rotary cutting. Yes, you can definitely make your own but this is so convenient and works great. I'm all about less stress and time-saving-tips these days so I hope this tip helps. I'm also excited about a "new adventure" that I'm a part of & sharing soon. So grab those scraps and get ready to have some fun this spring! Remember with all my designs just change the fabric to flip it into your favorite holiday season. Talk soon!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine

Facebook & Pinterest

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com




No comments:

Post a Comment