Thursday, October 20, 2022

Scrap-a-long w/ Cat..."2cute 2spook Trivet" Phase 1

Hey quilter's...hope all has been going well. We're slowly getting things going again after the hurricane. I don't want to complain because we're only doing minor repairs and I can't even imagine what others are dealing with every day. I've been out of my routine dealing with things and excited to finally get to share the trivet design for the holidays. One good thing about how I design is you can use the same design concept and just change out the fabric per decor...#onedesignsewmanyways! This concept might come in handy due to the late posting of Halloween decor. But it's so easy so I believe you still have time to make this fun 2cute 2spook 9x9 trivet for Halloween. The design is using my "Scrap...Crackle...Pop!" technique with an advanced "scrappy border." If you're short on time you can totally omit the advanced border and replace with an accent scrap piece of fabric. But I would like to challenge you if you haven't already tried a scrappy border. The technique is sew much fun and you use up a lot of those tiny scraps! That's a win for me...I hate to waste fabric :-) Just like the "mug mat" you'll be doing the same techniques, but I did some crazy accent quilting to enhance the design & fabrics. Anyway, I hope we have no more hurricanes this year. It's frustrating packing up things...aka "sewing room" cause you never know what mother nature is going to bring. Believe me...this one was a shocker for this "Texas gal." Well...let's get started on some Halloween fun!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram "ihearditthroughthequiltvine"

Facebook & Pinterest

Here's all you need...

*Halloween scraps w/ coordinating Aurifil thread ( I used 50# 2692, 2582, 2235, 2134)

* Sulky light-weight tear easy stabilizer

* Insul-Bright (by the Warm Company)

* Cotton batting

Here's all you do...

* You will be doing the same "Scrap....Crackle...Pop!" technique on blog post (8-9-22) but using your Halloween scraps. 

* I scraped pieced my fabrics in the "candy corn fashion" then pressed and squared up. 

Tip...to make this step a bit easier....I also color coordinated my scraps in piles to make this step faster. 

Again....randomly sewing scraps in the "candy corn fashion"

Once you have made your squares...lay them in the pinwheel design and rotate your scrappy candy corn squares per design. 

Sew blocks 2gether in the same fashion as posted on (8-9-22)



Press & square up to a 6.5 x 6.5 block


See ya back soon for Phase 2 :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment