Saturday, July 30, 2022

Cats "Tip of the Day!"...marking blocks/rows when sewing/quilting :-)

 Hey quilter's...hope your weekend is off to a great start. Recently I was watching one of my favorite shows "Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting" and saw this tip. I love this show and at the end they share tips from viewers. This tip is genius! I always mark my squares/blocks with a "paper scrap" labeled with the number but this is "sew much easier." This tip recently helped me because I sew a lot of "directional half-square-triangles." I did add pins labeled "Top/Bottom/Left/Right" for borders. I am working on a design that I'll be sharing soon, and the pattern has an "advanced tip" of directional borders. I do have to say, if you know me, this tip had a reason behind it! It is no fun...ripping out a border after you have it sewn on perfectly and realize your half-square triangles are facing the wrong direction. It happens! I guess that's why we all have a "seam ripper." :-) Needless to say, I'm sharing this tip for a great-fun-soon-2b-posting design! So, check back soon. As always, I promise it will be a fun & easy design! #Less-stress-quilting!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Instagram @ihearditthroughthequiltvine




No comments:

Post a Comment