Sunday, July 24, 2022

Cats "Scrapin' a-play-que Series"...Kids Project...Quilted Wall hanging in a Weekend...Phase 2

 Hey quilter's....hope y'all are having a great weekend and enjoying this fun project. Today you will be finishing your wall hanging & "blinging it out" if desired. I'll be showing some tips of how I did this sweet design but remember let your creativity go! A wonderful thing about sewing/quilting it really inspires your "inner creativity." I believe there is no "wrong" in creating...just an opportunity to make things a little different and possibly a better version. Quilt designs have evolved tremendously in the years that I've been quilting. Designs have become a work of art... combining old and new to create unique designs. When I learned to quilt, we "tied" certain quilts and when we quilted, we used our "presser foot" as our guide. We didn't have "fancy tools and rulers." Maybe that's why I'm obsessed with my rulers and all the color hues of "Aurifil thread." I hope you continue to follow along and explore how sewing/quilting can be therapeutic for the soul. So, let's finish this fun wall hanging!

Blessed Quilting from My Home to Yours,

Cat

Follow on Facebook...Pinterest & @ihearditthroughthequiltvine on Instagram

www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

Here's all you do...

*Press sides again if needed

*Starting at top of block...Fold over about an inch or binding to back side and press. 

*Fold in again and press/pin or clip to close your binding on back side. 

*Sew "in the ditch" on right side of your block...this will give you a finished hem on back of your block as well....(c pic)

*Repeat same process for bottom...then left and right border...Press as you go if needed. 

* You will have a closed binding on back...#less-stress-quilting! (see pic)





You did it....be proud of what you have created! Now technically you're finished unless you decide to "add some bling." Just remember to "erase" any pencil marks before embellishing your design.

Here's all you do...

*Fuse heatnbondlite to the wrong side of your fabric (following manufactures directions)
*Trace your design on paper side but remember your design will be reversed. I used a stencil for this design and then carefully using sharp scissors cut the design out. Then following manufacturer's directions, I fused to block in center. 

Tip...I used a "circle template" to help keep my design in order (see pic)

* I then adding some "jewels" using glue specifically for adhering jewels to fabric. 

Get creative or just stand back and say those "chevron lines" look amazing and that's how I'm keep it :-)
Just remember....no matter what you decide to always have fun!







No comments:

Post a Comment