Friday, July 4, 2014

"LOVIN' MY SMALL TOWN"

Hey quilters...first of all "Blessings for a safe/relaxing 4th". I have to say if anyone knows me is I hoard your quilting tips when they come in 'cause I'm usually trying to come up with an interesting conversation to post as well. Needless to say I've been working on "Lovin' my small town" for several weeks...I jot notes down so I don't forget that store or those sweet people & most of all how everyone has truly welcomed us into their town! But I have to say...Sunday I heard something at Church that just made my heart sink into my stomach...would have gone further but my tight jeans at my waist kept it from going all the way to my knees....anyway...we are supposed to get the "W" grocery store in our sweet little town. Oh my gosh...NO! Before I begin...I will state this is a quilting blog...sharing tips amongst friends....not today!...I promise to update tips this week but I need to take a moment & "brag" about this lovely town & state my feelings...this is the part about having a "blog" that I love :-)
We moved to East Texas to be closer to our family & our sweet two grandsons plus we wanted to come back to a "quiet small town"....a town that still had it's values...a town where people waived even if they didn't know you...a town that had similar values that I had raised my daughter in...not to mention the beautiful roaming hills filled with Pine Trees. We immediately fell in Love with our small town of Frankston & the heart warmed welcomed we have & still receive from people. Let me take a moment to brag....."One Traffic light at One Intersection"...need I say more on that subject...ahh yes..."One Pharmacy in Town"...that's right, not one on every stinkin' corner...wait for it..."One School Campus" & have to say/brag "has the politest/smartest kids" that yes....still say "Yes Mam & No Mam" etc...not to mention their athletic abilities are off the charts! If you want to see the love the "small town" businesses have for the "kids" just check out their windows during football season etc. We have "One Grocery Store"...yes that's right...where they still carry your groceries out to your truck for you...Oh my gosh was I shocked...I remember saying 'It's O.K..I got this"...nope, off he went...and yes...I was still standing in the store looking for that hidden camera & some man jumping at me saying you're on candid camera...as my mouth was still open...the sweet ladies said "not a problem that's what we do"...then as I'm finally going out the door as if that wasn't enough shock, I heard "We appreciate you shopping with us"...that's right...do you think that is going to happen when you shop the "W" store? Much less have you thought about what it will do to our small businesses that have supported this town for many years? I love this town 'cause we have that Old fashioned feeling...one hardware store "Burks" where they will order your item if it's not stocked plus love to scare the tar out of you w/ a fake "rat"...do you think you'll get that at the "W"...we have a "Library" that is out of the Old Railroad Boxcar....a town square where the kids meet to take their prom pictures at...Oh, "One Bank"...that's right! We love our "small town" where people help one another...where businesses always great you with a smile & ask you how you're doing...where traffic is a minimum & the streets filled w/love. If you feel we are in the need for "growth" let me say this..."been their, done that & don't want it" & neither will you! If we allow one large chain into our town it will bring others...pretty soon our sweet town will loose it's meaning...our kids & grandkids won't have that "special town" to come back to with their families one day. If you want growth, I say...keep this "Old Town" as it is & utilize the space w/an "Old Fashioned Drive-In"...where you can have movie nights with your family & share a "kiss or two" w/your loved one...bring "In" the sweet values of life to extend to our next generation & keep "Out" what will only bring chaos to our sweet town. I could go on but I think ya' get the gist of it!
 As always, keep the tips coming & will update them all next week.
"Blessed Quilting from our Home to Yours"
email tips...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com

No comments:

Post a Comment