Tuesday, July 24, 2018

"CHRISTMAS IN JULY" SANTA BLESSINGS TUTORIAL (part 1)

Hey quilters....hope all is going well. I've been trying to post this tutorial and for some "odd" reason it keeps deleting. They say 3rd time is the charm but seriously this is the 4th time....seriously laughing because I could actually be crying right now. My previous post are not saved anywhere....gotta love modern technology sometimes. I've decided to post into parts to eliminate future "mishaps" 'cause I'm sure it's not me doing it! ;-) Anyway....I hope you're ready for a fun & fast Christmas design that can be easily enlarged & would make a great "stash buster" using your Christmas fabrics. The design "Many Blessings" is the beginner pattern and both are 44 x 56 using the classic "Orange Peel" design (appliqued for easy piecing) & the advanced design "Santa Blessings" has a "few half square triangles. This sweet design would also make a great gift for anyone going through a difficult time. I fully recommend Aurifil thread for your applique & quilting techniques. If you're thinking this might be too big of a project to jump into, well no worries there's more Holiday designs coming soon using this same method. I hope this one will help kick off your Holiday season with some fun. As always, email me any q's. Enjoy!

"Blessed Quilting from my Home to Yours"
Cat
email q's...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
Follow on Facebook & Pinterest



Fabric yardage for "Santa Blessings"
White....2 1/2 yrds.
Red....1 3/4 yrds.
Gold....1/2 yrd.
Grey....2 yrds
Black....3/4 yrd.
Backing....roughly 3 1/2 yrds ( allow more if you're long arm quilting)
Batting....twin size (save extra)
*Note....I always but extra fabric just in case I have a "oopsy" while rotary cutting.

Fabric yardage for "Many Blessings"
Grey....4 1/2 yrds.
Gold....1 1/4 yrds.
White...2 1/2 yrds.
Backing...roughly 3 1/2 yrds (allow more if you're long arm quilting)
Batting...twin size (save extra)….more small projects coming soon to use the scraps!
*Note....I always buy extra fabric just in case I have a "oopsy" while rotary cutting. It happens...trust me!
Remember....this is also a great "Scrap Buster"....so have fun designing & choosing your fabrics!






No comments:

Post a Comment