Wednesday, December 10, 2014

"CRAZY HOT PADS"... LAST MINUTE GIFT IDEA

Hey quilters....I'm sure we can all use an easy last minute gift idea with Christmas fast approaching. Well, I've been working on these fun and easy "Crazy block design hot pads". They really are a lot of fun cause you can just make up the design as you go, plus what a wonderful way to use some of your "Christmas Stash". I embellished the design with 5 different decorative stitches using "Aurifil 50 weight, #2250" (excellent thread if you are not already using)...and to make it easy, I did the decorative stitches first due to the thickness of the "heat resistant pad that I will insert before adding backing and binding"...as you can see it's a work in progress (note: last minute gift idea)...you can't go wrong no matter what size you end up with...just square up with your ruler to your desired size and add your heat resistant filler, backing, binding. The decorative stitches add that sweet touch to enhance your fabric and design. I love "crazy blocks" cause you don't have to be perfect (yes, coming from a pattern designer) you just let your "artistic mind take control". Also, a wonderful project for a beginner quilter and great project for kids to do as well. You get that wonderful satisfaction of finishing something "in a day", and a wonderful gift to give to a loved one. As always, you can email me if you have any q's. Merry Christmas & enjoy the countdown 'til Santa comes!

Blessed Quilting from Our Home to Yours"
www.perfectgift-fromabove.com
www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com


 
'AURIFIL 50 wt. #2250 USED FOR DECORATIVE STITCHING"

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea. I think I'll whip up a couple of these for my mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...please follow blog...we will be hosting several free B.O.M. with our new 2015 pattern line....have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete