Monday, January 1, 2018

Cats..."NEW YEARS BREAD PUDDING"

Happy New Year everyone! Along with all the Holiday cheer comes left overs....and for me that is not good cause today it's back to reality....dieting that is! Yesterday, I came up with a plan....gather all the left over "Christmas Cheer" and do something with them. As the old saying goes "outa sight...outa mind"....well I didn't want to waste anything especially my "low fat fudge" and had some left over candy from decorating the Elf on the Shelf gingerbread house with Grandson Davin oh and bits and pieces that were used to decorate cookies....so here's what I came up with....have to say that I had a blast making this bread pudding and it's very d-lish! I even threw in 2 innocent left over bananas for good measure :-). I will admit excited about the New Year but not so excited to get back into dieting again. Well....maybe this will help me and anyone else that doesn't need that "tempting" left over "Christmas Cheer" hanging around. Enjoy!

Blessing from my Home to Yours,
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

                                                                                   
Here's all you do...
Spray a large glass pan
Mix well 3 eggs...3/4 c heavy crème....1 tsp. vanilla...1/2 tsp. nutmeg & 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Spread about 3-4 cups of your left over bread from making the Snow Flake sandwiches (previous post) or use some left over bread and break into tiny pieces.
Now have fun layering all your left over "Christmas Cheer"....I even unwrapped kisses....used choc chipe...m&m's and my low fat fudge cut into tiny pieces....used up my pieces of walnuts and pecans from baking cookies and 2 bananas.....have fun with this part! 
Pour the egg mixture over all this yummy goodness and bake in  a 375* oven for about 20-30 minutes....watch carefully cause ovens vary. 
I let mine cool and leftovers kept in the fridge for the rest of the family to snack on. I had a blast making this and feel so much better waking up this morning and starting off the New year without tempting candy steering me in the face. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment