Monday, December 18, 2017

"AURIfil THREAD AND JINGLE"

Hey quilters....hope all is well and you're enjoying this special season with your loved ones. I have to say I was a bit nervous when I was asked to do this special gift for my grandson. Please make a sleeping bag for my Elf on the Shelf, Jingle. Oh my word,,,,no pressure!!! I thought about it for days....and then realized just go through your "stash" and if it doesn't work then I didn't waste any money. Well....I have to say with all my quilting projects throughout the years this was hands down my favorite. It's so easy to do and that is why I wanted to share this with you. You know...just in case you get asked the same thing ;-). I love being a Gege and especially when I get asked to do something so special as this. I've made my grandson many quilts and he's only 7 and I hope to make many more! As you can see the great quality of Aurifil thread made this project easy and the colors matched perfect!
I used Aurifil 50# 2260 Red and Aurifil 50#2885 green for the outline stitching and the quilt in the ditch stitching on my domestic machine. Great quality thread and makes your projects a breeze!
Merry Christmas!

Blessed Quilting from my Home to Yours,
Cat
cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com
www.cookinganddecorwithcat.blogspot.com

Scrap Christmas fabric....cut 2 plaid 6 x 11....1 red 6 x 11....1 green 6 x 11
2 light weight batting pieces 6 x 11

Lay one plaid piece (right side facing up) and one red piece (right side facing down) on top of plaid piece...layer with batting piece on top and stich using a 1/4 inch seam allowance....Leaving a 2 " opening to flip inside out....hand stitch opening or use a washable fabric glue for opening.
Repeat same process for the plaid and green fabric.
*At this time it's easier to quilt your pieces if desired....I did some fun quilt in the ditch stitches.
Lay 2 finished pieces together and top stitch around....leave the opening (fold) unstitched (per pic)
Personalize it with some fun craft stickers if desired.
Finished size is approximately 5" x 10"
This is also a great project to do with kids for their own "Elf on the Shelf"
Hope you enjoy and have a Merry Christmas!
                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment