Saturday, January 23, 2016

HOW A RULER CAN INSPIRE A QUILT DESIGN" and A SWEET WAY TO HANG YOUR RULERS"

Hey quilters....hope all is going well....I wanted to share my easy & fun technique for hanging rulers plus if you haven't tried these rulers...well ya need too! I was blessed to receive the whole collection of Kaye Englands "Cut for the Cure" ruler collection a few years back from my mom-in-law. I love having the rulers displayed for creativity. You would be surprised of how a ruler can inspire a quilt design. I also had this old worn out hutch that I absolutely love. It's old...worn out and a tad-bit wrinkled...kinda like me. I did not want to paint it or even change out the drawer pulls (see miss-matched) cause I thought well if this hutch could talk I am sure it has some major stories to tell. Anyway, this project was so fast & easy and inexpensive. My kind of project!
     All I did was...make a template of the top arch of the panel and then cut to scale using "Chalkboard Fabric". I love this fabric for fun/easy projects. Then used wood glue to adhere it to hutch. Waited a day to make sure I didn't have any areas to touch up(that part killed me). Then...oh my gosh...have to stop a sec...a herd of 11 does and a sweet buck just went across front property...mother nature at it's finest! Anyway, back to the rulers...then strategically placed the rulers and used push pins to hang them. After I was happy with the placement of rulers, I used my chalk pen to write each rulers name, Oh my gosh...these rulers not only help a cure with purchase (Breast Cancer) but are excellent when cutting fabric & designing. I absolutely love them! Anyway, hope everyone has a great "quilting weekend"...enjoy!

"Blessed Quilting from Our Home to Yours"
Cat
email...cmhdesigns2@yahoo.com


                                                 "a little scruffy pic but love my hutch"

No comments:

Post a Comment